Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Running

Last June I decided to take up running and train for my first 5k. I did the Couch to 5k plan and ran my first 5k in August. Since then I have run 2 or 3 other 5k's and did the Krispy Kreme Challenge which is approximately 4.6 miles. I haven't run much since March and have decided to get back on the running train starting Monday! Since I have probably lost a considerable amount of endurance I am going to have to start slow and will need much encouragement to keep going. My first race is going to be in mid July in Dublin, CA which is just outside of San Francisco. My mom and I are visiting for a mini-vacation and I figured this would be a great time to run a new distance in a different state! Assuming the 10k goes well I am hopefully going to run a 10 miler in September (I ran the 5k for this same race last year) and maybe even do a half marathon in October or November. Honestly all of this sounds really ambitious for me, but if nothing else I will run this 10k in July... unless I don't think I can and just decide to do the 5k! (This is why I need encouragement to get out there and run.) Anyways, since I am pretty much jobless and have limited plans this summer I don't have the excuse of saying I have no time for running. I will try to post what I have been doing each week and if you don't see anything please ask me because it probably means I have been slacking and sitting on my butt instead of outside training. If anyone has advice for how much over 6.2 miles I should train let me know... right now the longest run I have done is 4 miles so I still have a ways to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment